- Ned reluctantly pets dog with single finger, gets drooled on, angsts about it in expectedly purple fashion.
- Ned making like a true dyed-in-the-wool cyclist by going pipsqueak momma bear over his bicycle.
- Ned refusing to return the slab. It belongs in a museum.
- Ned straight up leading a crusade against the semicolon.
- Ned claiming Strava KOMs eons before the conception of the internet, satellites, or Strava itself, solely through sheer will and leg power. Time stream be damned. God, I'd hate to get that email.
Better get out there and show them who’s boss!
-Your friends at Strava"
Watched LoA for the billionth time because I respect myself. When Tafas shared the snacks, I found myself thinking "He's well versed in that stuff, man, give him some chocolate if you really want to show him you care."
I'm gonna write a book on the proper methods of buttering up T.E. Lawrence. Gotta help meet that "100 books written about T.E. yearly" quota. The two big ones would have to be chocolate and hating on the semicolon. He'd probably be pretty psyched to get like... chain lube, too. Play your cards right and he would definitely send you weird, lengthy letters, which is, of course, the dream. God bless history's most interesting and eccentric manlet.
Anyway, I can't look at Tafas nowadays without thinking about how my comrade RJ decided Tafas was his favorite character 2 minutes before his demise when we watched the film. R.I.P. Tafas. You had an endearing giggle, your historical counterpart was a bit of a curmudgeon, you were Ned's Best Friend for a (brief) time, and you were RJ's favorite.
"...and IIIIIII-e-IIIIII-e-IIIIIII will always love yoooOOUuuu..." ~RJ